In 1914 the old Gymnasium School was built for a cost of $32,000. It was built adjacent to the Central School building and had around 3 acres of land around it.
In the 1950’s an addition was added on to house more students. The new Central elementary school contained eight classrooms, a teacher’s lounge, and a speech and hearing room. It was constructed at a cost of $129,792. Lester W. Routt of Vincennes was the architect and Snyder Construction was the general contractor.
It was torn down in 2013 and is now the sight of the Sullivan Civic Center and Central Park Plaza. The Grand Room of the Sullivan Civic Center is the original gymnasium of the elementary school.